MAXWELL STUDIO™: Independent scene editor with a full 3D environment
Maxwell Studio is a sophisticated independent scene editor with a full 3D environment, offering an alternative workflow for those Maxwell Render users that work with 3D or CAD applications that we do not currently offer a plug-in for.
WHAT CAN BE DONE?
Rendering in Maxwell is available for any 3D platform thanks to Studio. You can export your models in any of the compatible formats, import them in Studio, and there adjust the cameras, assign and edit materials, set up the environment and lighting, and launch the render.
- Maxwell Studio does not have any modeling tools so you have to first model your scene in another 3D application, then export it to any of the above formats.
- Import that geometry into Maxwell Studio where you can create, edit and apply materials, set up lights and cameras, and then finally send the scene to render.
- Additionally you can also open and edit existing MXS files, either created by Maxwell Studio or any Maxwell plugin.
- Maxwell Multilight™
- Import geometry
- Set attributes of objects (position, rotation, scale, pivot, smoothing, normals, etc)
- Apply textures using UV projectors
- Create, edit and apply materials and lights
- Visualize the 3D scene in OpenGL viewports
- Create multiple cameras and adjust their position and parameters
- Organize the scene objects into hierarchies of groups
- Set Physical Sky options and see an interactive representation of the Sky settings in the OpenGL viewports
- Fully customizable layout with the ability to save layouts
- Libraries of preset geometry, scenes, materials and layouts
- Fast interactive preview (Maxwell Fire), for interactively rendering your scene and displaying your changes in real time
WHAT’S NEW IN MAXWELL 4.2
Maxwell now easily integrates a powerful denoiser (by Innobright’s Altus), while preserving texture and geometry details, effectively saving a lot of time. You can obtain your images around two to six times faster, depending on the scene for a similar amount of detail. Instead of having to render your images to a high sampling level, you can keep it low and let the denoiser do the job.
GPU – OPTIMIZED HANDLING MEMORY
Paving the way for MultiGPU (soon available) some optimizations have been done; you will notice the GPU engine is now better at handling memory, so you will now be able to render much bigger images and load bigger scenes for the same amount of GPU memory.
The new engine requires a CUDA® capable NVIDIA® graphics card to use all the power that GPUs provide to accelerate the render process. All the technology under the hood is identical to the classic CPU engine – which means your images are exactly the same, unbeatable Maxwell quality.
No more re-rendering. Save infinite lighting variations and images all from ONE single render.
- Tone Mapping and Camera Response features so you can fine tune the look of your images.
- Limitless lighting setups in real time.
- Work smarter and faster by editing lights before and after the render finishes.
- Create a lighting catalog for your client.
- Automatically update your catalog with different lighting positions or geometry.
MERL DATABASE MATERIALS
In this version there is the possibility to load MERL materials. This is a public collection of 100 lab measured materials expressed as BRDF (Table BRDF materials).
X-Rite AxF MATERIALS
Now you can load X-rite’s Appearance Exchange Format (AxF) files to get a great looking conversion to Maxwell materials, so you get a consistent look of your materials across platforms.
REAL-IES FILES INCLUDED
A new addition to Maxwell’s catalog of ies files included in the installation; kindly provided by PlaySys exclusively for Maxwell Render.
The new Lights panel in Studio allows to play with the intensity of the lights in the scene as if you were using Multilight sliders. This way you can work with emitters in a more interactive way, all in one place while viewing the result in FIRE. It also allows to quickly select the corresponding material to modify the rest of its properties.
ILLUMINATION ASSETS IN LIBRARY PANEL
New useful assets added in the Library panel so you can drag and drop lights in scene without having to waste time setting them up. Fill lights, spots, IES, projectors, negative fills, invisible lights, ring lights, ready to make your life easier.
New way of doing portables: separate .svm packages -useful for plugins & so: reduces main exe size that contains only the program, then you can download the plugin package only if you want it! -ability for me to release a small program update through these separate files, without having to make the whole thing form scratch for each update. --> More updated portables and less unnecessary size! This release includes: - main package (1.2 Gb): 7 small exe files listed below, main is "Maxwell Studio.exe" + 1 big .dat file with all the required data inside. -> more plugins can be added later by request (through separate svm packages), or simply add them to "\Sandbox\Maxwell Studio\roaming\modified\@[email protected]\Next Limit\Maxwell Studio 4\" folder and similar, just like the installed version, and at next startup the portable will recognize your new files.