Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and 2D design.
Rendering and Beyond
Cycles is Blender’s ray-trace based production render engine.
- Unidirectional path tracing with multiple importance sampling
- Multi-core CPU rendering with SIMD acceleration
- GPU rendering with NVidia CUDA & AMD OpenCL
- Multi-GPU support
- Unified rendering kernel for CPU and GPU
Design and Model
Blender’s comprehensive array of modeling tools make creating, transforming, sculpting and editing your models a breeze.
Blender’s modeling tools include:
- Keyboard shortcuts for a fast workflow
- N-Gon support
- Edge slide, collapse and dissolve
- Grid and Bridge fill
- Python scripting for custom tools and add-ons
Digital sculpting tools provide the power and flexibility required in several stages of the digital production pipeline. For example, during character design and exploration or environment design.
By offering the sculpting and the polygonal modeling toolsets side by side, Blender greatly simplifies the transition between conceptual research and final model production.
Blender comes with built-in brushes such as Crease, Clay Strips, Pinch, Grab, Smooth, Mask and many more. It is also possible to customize your own.
While sculpting, areas might be hidden behind parts of the mesh or they might be too close to other parts. To work through these, it is useful to isolate parts of a mesh to sculpt on. This can be done by either completely hiding parts of the mesh or by masking areas that can not be sculpted on.
Blender’s animation feature set offers:
- Character animation pose editor
- Non Linear Animation (NLA) for independent movements
- IK forward/inverse kinematics for fast poses
- Sound synchronization
Story Art, drawing 2D in 3D
Really! Drawing directly in a 3D viewport makes a lot of sense. It opens unsurpassed workflow freedom for story-boarders and 2D artists.
- Combine 2D with 3D right in the viewport
- Full Animation Support with Onion Skinning
- Layers & Colors for Stroke and Fill
- Sculpt brush strokes & Parent to 3D objects
Blender features production ready camera and object tracking, allowing you to import raw footage, track it, mask areas and reconstruct the camera movements live in your 3d scene. Eliminating the need to switch between programs.
The Camera and Object Tracker includes:
- Automatic and manual tracking
- Powerful camera reconstruction
- Real-time preview of your tracked footage and 3d scene
- Support for Planar tracking and Tripod solvers
Whether you need a crumbling building, rain, fire, smoke, fluid, cloth or full on destruction, Blender delivers great looking results.
Smoke & fire, fluids, hair, cloth, rigid bodies, particles…
Video Editor: Blender comes with a built-in video sequence editor allows you to perform basic actions like video cuts and splicing, as well as more complex tasks like video masking or color grading.
Scripting: With a large community of enthusiasts and developers, Blender comes loaded with a vast array of extensions that you can turn on or off easily.
Interface: Novice and advanced users will love the ability to customize their layout completely. From simply splitting their viewport, to fully customizing it with python scripting, Blender works for you.
|Version||Format||Size ?||Download ?|
Show older versions